Heavy duty tiles, also known as industrial tiles or commercial-grade tiles, are specialized flooring solutions designed to withstand heavy use and harsh conditions.
These tiles are typically made from durable materials such as porcelain, ceramic, or natural stone, and are engineered to provide exceptional strength, durability, and resistance to wear and tear.
Characteristics of heavy duty tiles
- Durability: Heavy-duty tiles are specifically manufactured to be highly durable. They are designed to resist cracking, chipping, and breaking, making them capable of withstanding heavy foot traffic, impacts, and other forms of mechanical stress.
- Strength: These tiles possess superior strength and can bear heavy loads without compromising their structural integrity.
- Slip Resistance: Heavy-duty tiles are engineered to provide excellent slip resistance, minimizing the risk of accidents in areas that may be exposed to water, oil, or other slippery substances. They are typically textured or treated with slip-resistant coatings to enhance traction.
- Chemical Resistance: In industrial or commercial settings where chemicals or corrosive substances are used, heavy-duty tiles offer resistance to chemical damage. They are designed to withstand exposure to acids, oils, solvents, and other potentially damaging substances.
- Heat and Cold Resistance: Heavy-duty tiles can withstand extreme temperatures, making them suitable for outdoor applications as well as environments with fluctuating temperature conditions. They resist expansion and contraction, ensuring their long-term stability.
- Low Maintenance: These tiles are often non-porous, making them resistant to stains, spills, and water absorption. They are relatively easy to clean and require minimal maintenance, which is a significant advantage in busy environments.
- Aesthetic Variety: Despite their industrial strength, heavy-duty tiles come in a range of designs, colors, and finishes. This allows for customization and the ability to match the overall aesthetic of the space, providing both durability and visual appeal.
AREAS OF APPLICATION
Heavy duty tiles have a wide range of applications due to their durability, strength, and resistance to various environmental factors. Here are some common areas where heavy duty tiles are frequently used:
Heavy duty tiles are ideal for industrial settings such as manufacturing plants, warehouses, and distribution centers. They can withstand heavy machinery, forklift traffic, chemical spills, and other harsh conditions.
In busy commercial kitchens, heavy-duty tiles are commonly used due to their ability to resist high temperatures, grease, oils, and heavy foot traffic. They provide a safe and durable flooring solution that can withstand the demands of a professional kitchen.
Retail spaces often require durable flooring that can handle constant foot traffic, shopping carts, and potentially heavy loads. Heavy duty tiles can withstand these conditions while maintaining an attractive appearance.
Hospitals and Healthcare Facilities
Heavy duty tiles are a popular choice for healthcare environments, including hospitals, clinics, and laboratories. They are resistant to chemicals, stains, and bacteria, making them easy to clean and maintain while providing a hygienic and durable surface.
Gymnasiums and Sports Facilities
Heavy duty tiles are commonly used in gymnasiums and sports facilities due to their ability to withstand the impact of heavy equipment, weights, and high-intensity activities. They also offer shock absorption and can be designed with slip-resistant surfaces.
Heavy duty tiles are suitable for outdoor applications such as driveways, parking lots, walkways, and patio areas. They are resistant to weather conditions, fading, and wear, providing a long-lasting and visually appealing surface.
Areas with high foot traffic, such as airports, train stations, and shopping malls, benefit from heavy duty tiles. They can withstand constant use, rolling luggage, and heavy loads while maintaining an attractive appearance.
Schools, universities, and other educational institutions often opt for heavy-duty tiles due to their durability and resistance to wear and tear. They can withstand the demands of student traffic and make maintenance and cleaning easier.
Automotive Workshops and Garages
Heavy duty tiles are an excellent choice for automotive workshops and garages. They can resist chemicals, oil spills, and heavy vehicle traffic while providing a smooth and easy-to-clean surface.
Food Processing Plants
Heavy-duty tiles commonly used in food processing facilities to meet strict hygiene requirements. They are resistant to chemicals, moisture, and temperature changes, making them suitable for areas where food is processed, prepared, and stored.
Apart from Heavy duty tiles which are available on order, We have other range of products: Tiles , Wrought iron, Paints. Do follow Our social media handles for up-to-date contents: Pergas Group | Nairobi | Facebook | PERGAS GROUP (@pergasgroup) • Instagram photos and videos | (1) Pergas Group: Posts | LinkedIn | Profile / Twitter